So as many of you are currently getting to grips with our current climate and changing work conditions I thought I would share my experience for during this ‘transition’ period.
I myself, like many others, have recently been told to work from home. Having never done this before, I thought I should quickly set myself some daily rules to try and get into a good working routine. Currently in week 2 of this new lifestyle and it seems to be working for me so far. So here are my rules broken down into 3 categories:
- Establish a working environment, keeping it clean and tidy.
- Open a window to maintain a good air circulation.
- If you struggle to work in silence, add background noise in the form of TV, music or radio.
- Decide what your start/ finish hours will be each day and make sure you stick to it.
- Set a daily ‘to do’ at the start of every morning.
- Maintain regular breaks away from screens. the 20 – 20 – 20 rule works best for me. Every 20 minutes, stare at an object 20 meters away for 20 seconds.
- Wear a shirt, or more formal attire. I find this puts me in the working mindset.
- Keep hydrated, keep concentrating
- Get outside for a 20 minute lunch time walk, if this is not possible complete a 20 minute home workout.
I hope this can help out until normal service returns to the world.
“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver” – Mahatma Gandhi